copyright fitstop fitness for women 2010
Recipes - Gobble-icious Turkey Strips
Sesame-and-coconut-crusted turkey strips with pineapple-plum sauce.
Makes 6 servings, about 3 strips per serving.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 1/2 pounds (680 g) boneless, skinless turkey breast, cut into strips (about 1 x 4 inches)
- 2/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup unseasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 tablespoon each salt, garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup plum sauce
- 1/3 cup unsweetened frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons each prepared yellow mustard and cornstarch
1. In a large bowl, whisk together egg, hoisin sauce and sesame oil. Add turkey strips and (using your hands) toss to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes (or longer if possible).
2. Preheat oven to 450ºF. Working one at a time, shake excess marinade from turkey strips and roll in crumb mixture. Make sure strips are well coated with crumbs. Place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining strips and coconut mixture. Spray tops of strips with a light coating of cooking spray. Bake on middle oven rack for 6 minutes. Remove from oven and gently turn pieces over. Spray other side with a light coating of cooking spray. Return to oven and bake about 4 more minutes, until coating is lightly browned and turkey is cooked through.
3. Serve strips with warm dipping sauce. Enjoy!
1. Meanwhile, place coconut and sesame seeds in a small dry skillet over medium heat. Cook until golden brown, stirring frequently. Be careful not to burn them! Transfer toasted coconut and sesame seeds to a small pie plate or shallow dish and let cool. Add breadcrumbs, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Mix well and set aside.
1. Prepare sauce. Combine all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until sauce is bubbly and has thickened. Keep warm.
Per serving with sauce:
342 calories / 7.1 g total fat (3.4 g saturated fat) / 30 g protein / 39 g carbohydrate / 2 g fiber / 106 mg cholesterol / 544 mg sodium
who we are
what we offer
all the extras