copyright fitstop fitness for women 2010
Recipes - Tir-rific Tiramisu Trifle
This is actually very simple to make, but it looks impressive!
Makes: 12 servings
- 1/2 cup sugar-free flavoured coffee syrup (see tip below)
- 1 envelope Knox unflavoured gelatine
- 1 pound (454 g) light (5%) ricotta cheese
- 2 packages light cream cheese (8 oz/250 g)
- 1 1/2 cups extra rich and thick vanilla yogurt (see note below)
- 2 tablespoons coffee flavoured liqueur (such as Kahlua)
- 36 ladyfinger cookies
- 3/4 cup extra-strong brewed coffee, cooled or same amount of boiling water
mixed with 1 tbsp instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons coffee flavoured liqueur (such as Kahlua) for the ladyfingers
- 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate for grating
- Fresh raspberries for garnish, optional
1. To make filling, warm the syrup in a very small saucepan (or in bowl in microwave) and sprinkle gelatine over top to soften. Set aside.
2. Add ricotta, cream cheese, and yogurt to the bowl of a food processor and whirl until smooth. Stir warm syrup-gelatine mixture and add to cheese mixture along with 2 tablespoons of the liqueur. Whirl until smooth.
3. Combine cooled coffee and remaining liqueur in a shallow bowl. Working one at a time, quickly dip ladyfingers in coffee mixture (with remaining 2 tbsp of Kahlua) and shake off excess. You do not want to soak them, just a very quick dunk. Line sides of trifle dish with ladyfingers (stand them up). Cover bottom of trifle dish with more dunked ladyfingers, cutting or breaking them as necessary to fit bottom. Spoon ¼ filling over ladyfingers. Grate ¼ chocolate directly over filling (use finest holes of grater). Repeat layering: dunked ladyfingers, ¼ filling, ¼ grated chocolate, dunked ladyfingers, ¼ filling, ¼ grated chocolate, dunked ladyfingers, ¼ filling, finishing with ¼ grated chocolate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight. To serve, spoon into dessert dishes. Top with fresh raspberries, if desired.
4. Cooking tips: Look for Danone Danissimo (formerly la Crème) yogurt. It is sold in a 4-pack of small containers. We use Starbucks Sugar-Free Cinnamon Dolce syrup for this recipe.
352 calories / 13 g total fat (7.3 g saturated fat) / 14 g protein / 40 g carbohydrate / 1.2 g fibre / 77 mg cholesterol /
232 mg sodium
who we are
what we offer
all the extras