copyright fitstop fitness for women 2010
Recipes - You're Pudding Me On
Warm banana bread pudding with chocolate chips and pecans.
Makes: 20 servings
- 12 slices multigrain bread (about 1 lb / 454 g)
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 4 omega-3 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
1. Break bread into 1-inch pieces and place in a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Dish should be full.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together milk, bananas, yogurt, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Pour mixture over bread. Using your hands (yeah, it’s a little messy), mix bread cubes with milk mixture so that all pieces are coated. Let stand for 15 minutes while you preheat oven to 350ºF.
3. Just before popping dish into oven, mix in most of the chocolate chips and pecans, saving a little of each to sprinkle on top. Now, go ahead and sprinkle them on top!
4. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, until pudding is puffed up and golden brown and center is set. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving. You can cut the dessert into squares and serve it on a plate or spoon it into dessert bowls. If you feel like splurging, serve the sliced version with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, and the spooned version with a drizzle of real whipping cream.
337 calories / 10 g total fat (2.9 g saturated fat) / 10 g protein / 55 g carbohydrate / 3.9 g fiber / 77 mg cholesterol /
225 mg sodium
who we are
what we offer
all the extras