copyright fitstop fitness for women 2010
Recipes - Peanut Butter Ginger Snaps
A thin and chewy cross between a peanut-butter cookie and a gingersnap.
Makes: 20 cookies
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice and salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (not packed)
- 1/3 cup light peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1x1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350įF. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together both flours, baking soda, 1 tsp cinnamon, ginger, allspice and salt. Set aside. Combine granulated sugar and remaining 1 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. In another medium bowl, beat together brown sugar, peanut butter and butter on medium speed of electric mixer for about 1 minute. Add molasses, egg and vanilla. Beat again until smooth.
4. Using a wooden spoon, stir flour mixture into peanut butter mixture. You will be making a stiff dough. Using your hands, shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Roll balls in reserved cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place on cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart (they spread a lot when baking). Flatten cookies slightly using a fork.
5. Bake cookies for 7 minutes. They may appear undercooked, but thatís okay. Remove cookies from oven and immediately transfer from pan to a wire rack to cool.
108 calories / 3.4 g total fat (1.6 g saturated fat) / 2 g protein / 17 g carbohydrate / 0.8 g fibre / 15 mg cholesterol /
100 mg sodium
who we are
what we offer
all the extras