As a child, everyone was told to eat their fruits and vegetables. Children are always coaxed into eating their broccoli or spinach as they whimper and whine and try to secretly feed their food to the family dog under the table. Ever seen food magically disappear from your kid?'s plates? We all know fruits and veggies have health benefits. But what exactly are these marvelous benefits? Why do most Americans neglect their nutritional intake? Is it because all that Mother Nature has to offer us is nasty or unappealing? Let?'s find out.
1. One reason why people usually neglect their fruit and veggie intake is because they are not trained to eat like that. You have to have a certain mindset in order to want to do this. You don?'t have to love every piece of fruit there is, either! If you make up your mind and say that you want to eat healthier and find reasons why, eating more fruits and veggies will be easier for you. Trust that it won?'t be as dreadful as pulling teeth.
2. Another reason is because of the high prices. How can you enjoy fruit when things like grapes and blueberries usually cost you an arm and a leg, plus your head on a platter to purchase? One small watermelon costs nearly six bucks and you expect to be bowing down to the produce section of your local supermarket? Right.
3. The best way to combat this problem is to find the cheapest place to get fruits, such as a farmer?'s market, or just start with the simple fruits, like apples and oranges. Buy as your budget permits and you?'re already on your way to feeling better. Simply find a fruit you really enjoy and stick to it.
4. Your life is way too busy. Who has time to focus on nutritional needs when you work full time, have three kids, and a house that always seems to be in an uproar? Purposely pack fruits as snacks for yourself and your kids. For lunch, make sure whatever you eat has veggies in it, even if its last night?'s broccoli casserole. Anything works.
5. Fruit is so full of sugar, and people may resort to using that as an excuse, but that is absolutely no excuse to not eat it. Fruits contain natural sugars, which isn?'t nearly as harmful as eating processed white sugar or even brown sugar!
Neglecting your fruits and veggies leaves your body vulnerable to all kinds of diseases, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke and heart attack. The vitamins A, B, C, K, plus natural flavanoids are all essential for your body?'s development. Maybe your body has been simply lacking energy for a while and you can?'t figure out why. Do your best to add more fruits and veggies to your diet. And don?'t be afraid of canned foods. They may not contain every piece of nutrition that they should, but hey, at least you'?'re eating something healthy! Who cares if you didn?'t grow or hand pick them yourself? Enjoy Mother Nature!
copyright fitstop fitness for women 2010
NEGLECTING FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
Article provided by
who we are
what we offer
all the extras