copyright fitstop fitness for women 2010
Recipes - Little Miss Muffin Tops
Lemon-berry muffin tops with strawberry cream cheese filling.
Makes: 12 Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla flavoured yogurt
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Grated zest of one large lemon
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup fresh raspberries
- 12 teaspoons light strawberry cream cheese (Philadelphia brand)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 2 muffin-top pans lightly with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
1. Whisk together wet ingredients in a medium bowl. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in blueberries and raspberries.
2. Divide batter evenly among 12 muffin-top cups. Hide 1 tsp cream cheese in the centre of each muffin. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until muffin tops are puffed up and a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Remove from pans and cool on a wire rack. Serve warm.
187 calories / 6.1 g total fat (1.3 g saturated fat) / 4 g protein / 30 g carbohydrate / 2.3 g fibre / 21 mg cholesterol /
274 mg sodium
who we are
what we offer
all the extras