copyright fitstop fitness for women 2010
Recipes - Better Be Good To Me Pancakes
Scrumptious blueberry and banana pancakes with strawberry sauce.
10 pancakes, 5 servings
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup oat bran
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla-flavoured yogurt
- 2 cups diced fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. Preheat electric griddle to 325ºF. Combine flour, oat bran, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. Whisk together buttermilk, mashed bananas, melted butter, egg, maple syrup and vanilla in a medium bowl. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not over-mix! Fold in blueberries.
3. Spray griddle lightly with cooking spray. For each pancake, spoon about 1/2 cup batter onto hot griddle and spread to make 4-inch circles. Cook until undersides are lightly browned. Flip pancakes and cook until other sides are lightly browned, 2 to 3 more minutes. Top pancakes with generous dollops of vanilla yogurt and strawberry sauce.
1. Mix together strawberries and maple syrup in a medium pot.
2. Whisk together orange juice and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add to strawberries.
3. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture bubbles and sauce thickens, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Sauce may be served warm or cold.
343 calories / 8 g total fat (3.9 g saturated fat) / 12 g protein / 62 g carbohydrate / 4.9 g fibre / 58 mg cholesterol /
582 mg sodium.
who we are
what we offer
all the extras