copyright fitstop fitness for women 2010
Recipes - Don't be afraid of the dark fudge
Creamy, foolproof chocolate and peanut butter fudge.
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips (such as Hersheys Special Dark)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup light peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (4 oz/120 g) light cream cheese (in a brick, not in tub)
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup 1% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1. Melt chocolate chips (on defrost setting of microwave or over double boiler). In a medium bowl, beat together peanut butter, cream cheese and butter on medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add melted chocolate and beat again. Add milk and vanilla and beat until smooth.
2. Gradually add icing sugar and beat after each addition, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. Stir in walnuts using a wooden spoon.
3. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with wax paper or parchment paper and spoon fudge into pan. Spread to edges. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
4. Remove fudge from pan and cut into 36 squares. Store fudge covered in refrigerator. It will soften if left at room temperature.
132 calories / 7.5 g total fat (3.1 g saturated fat) / 2.5 g protein / 14 g carbohydrate / 0.7 g fiber / 4 mg cholesterol /
36 mg sodium
who we are
what we offer
all the extras