copyright fitstop fitness for women 2010
Moist and delicious chocolate-chip banana bread with bran and flax.
Makes: 1 large loaf, 16 pieces (Cut loaf into 8 thick slices and then cut each slice in half)
- 2 cups Robin Hood Nutri-Flour Blend (or 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour mixed with 1/2 cup wheat bran)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed or flaxmeal
- 1 teaspoon each baking soda and baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups mashed RIPE bananas
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt (2%)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan lightly with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, ground flax, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Fold in nuts and chocolate chips, being careful not to overmix the batter.
4. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until wooden skewer inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove loaf from pan and cool completely on a wire rack. Slice and serve or wrap tightly with plastic wrap and store at room temperature.
5. Tip: The bananas must be very, very ripe (sweet!) for this banana bread as there’s very little added sugar.
174 calories / 6.2 g total fat (1.8 g saturated fat) / 6 g protein / 27 g carbohydrate / 3.5 g fiber / 31 mg cholesterol /
159 mg sodium
who we are
what we offer
all the extras